Developing the potential of each student at Sacred Heart School means providing for a well-rounded, cultural education. Music and music performance indirectly boosts academic performance in all subject areas. It is an important component of the school’s whole-person educational philosophy.
All Sacred Heart School students have the opportunity to explore music and music theory. The school’s music program promotes a range of music styles and instruments. Students learn simple rhythm exercises and songs to instruments and singing harmony.
Music instruction is proven to increase
- Hard work
- Fine motor skill development
- Auditory learning
- Improved spatial intelligence
- Develop a Singing voice and sense of pitch
- Count, Chant, and perform rhythms in simple and compound meter.
- Initial understanding of Harmonic Structures in Music.
- Connect sung and audiated melodies to voice and instruments.
- Differentiate Instruments and musical styles
- Sing alone and in groups in unison, and in harmony.
- Understand how Harmony and Melody connect to create a piece of music